Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Whenever you enter a query in a search engine and hit ‘enter’ you get a list of web results that contain that query term. Users normally tend to visit websites that are at the top of this list as they perceive those to be more relevant to the query. If you have ever wondered why some of these websites rank better than the others then you must know that it is because of a powerful web marketing technique called Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
SEO is a technique which helps search engines find and rank your site higher than the millions of other sites in response to a search query. SEO thus helps you get traffic from search engines.
Why SEO is important?
- The majority of search engines users are more likely to choose one of the top 5 suggestions in the results page so to take advantage of this and gain visitors to your web site or customers to your on-line store you need to rank as higher as possible.
- User’s trust search engines and having a presence in the top positions for the keywords the user is searching increases the web site’s trust.
- SEO is also good for the social promotion of your web site. People who find your web site by searching Google or Yahoo are more likely to promote it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or other social media channels.
- SEO is also important for the smooth running of a big web site. Web sites with more than one author can benefit from SEO in a direct and indirect way. Their direct benefit is increase in search engine traffic and their indirect benefit is having a common framework (checklists) to use before publishing content on the site.
- SEO can put you ahead of the competition. If two web sites are selling the same thing, the search engine optimized web site is more likely to have more customers and make more sales.
Google alone makes 350-400 updates to its search engine algorithm, each year. Add in the fact that Bing, Yahoo and other search engines also make a similar number of tweaks to their algorithms and we’re talking about thousands of updates to search engines each year!
As long as search engines continue to roll out algorithmic updates in efforts to provide better search experiences and combat spam, there will always be a need to stay on top of these updates and make optimizations to your website.
Needless to say, SEO isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.
Please fill this form if you are interested in our IT service. We bring a personal and effective approach to every project we work on!